It’s no secret that TheToneKing.com has been covering some Tone City Audio pedals, and we dig them! Like most pedals out there – we have unofficially learned that many of their designs were inspired by some other great pedals out there. We don’t have any confirmed clarification if the below list is accurate, but it’s to our understanding that if you’re looking for a specific type of pedal – there may be an equivalent Tone City Audio pedal to suit your fancy. Enjoy our unconfirmed cross comparison chart.
- Wild Fire Distortion – Suhr Riot
- Golden Plexi – Carl Martin Plexi Tone (which is based off of a Marshall Style Amp)
- Tape Machine – Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay Pedal
- Dry Martini Overdrive – Fulltone OCD
- Sweet Cream Overdrive – Mad Professor Honey Overdrive
- Mandrogora Overdrive – Kalamazoo Love Pedal
- Kaffir Lime Overdrive – Xotic BB-Preamp
- Bad Horse Overdrive – Klon
- Black Tea – Carl Martin AC-Tone (which is based off of a Vox AC30)
- Fuxx Fuzz – Fulltone ULtimate Octave Fuzz Pedal
- Angel Wing – ???
- Summer Orange – Maxon 909 Style
Tiny URL for this post:
About the Author: Hello. Welcome to TheToneKing.com! My name is Louis, but in name of good fun & entertainment - I call myself The Tone King. This website was born back in 2008, to compliment the videos I started uploading to YouTube on guitar & related gear (guitar, amps, pedals, etc.). It has since grown, thanks to the thousands that tune in, making it what it is. If you subscribe to TheToneKing.com, you can expect lots of Guitar, Amp, Pedal Reviews & Shoot-Out videos. I also have monthly Live Webcasts, perform Artist Interviews, and try to get all the juicy coverage Backstage and at trade-shows like NAMM. The cherry on top is that there are no shortage of How-To Videos & TTK Killer Deal Alerts getting you the most knowledge & gear into your hands & mind! Thanks for stopping by to check out my website! Rock ON!